Staggered Funding Cycles:
Heart of Missouri United Way currently provides grant funding to 34 local agencies in Boone, Cooper and Howard Counties whose programs services fall into one or more areas of impact. Funding cycles for Community Impact Grants are staggered. Grants are funded in three-year intervals for Education, Health and Financial Stability programs, and in two-year intervals for Basic Needs programs.
FUNDING CYCLES THROUGH JUNE 2023:
- Financial Stability – Funding Cycle: July 2019-June 2022
- Goal: Reduce the number of financially unstable families and individuals and support their financial independence.
- Health – Funding Cycle: July 2020-June 2023
- Goal: Promote healthy behaviors in our community.
- Basic Needs – Funding Cycle: July 2018-June 2020
- Goal: Heart of Missouri United Way invests in services for families and individuals experiencing times of need and seeks to empower them to improve their future.
- Education – Funding Cycle: July 2018-June 2021
- Goal: Support school readiness, literacy and academic success.
NEXT IMPACT AREA AND GRANT OPPORTUNITY TO OPEN IN JANUARY 2020
HOW FUNDING WORKS
Prior to being eligible to apply for United Way funding an organization must first be a Heart of Missouri United Way Certified Partner for at least 12 months.
Interested in becoming a Heart of Missouri United Way Certified Partner?
- Contact Courtney Daviess, Assistant Director of Community Impact at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31st.
Already a Heart of Missouri United Way Certified Partner who’s not currently funded and is interested in applying for United Way funding?
Your organization must participate in a full annual certified partner review prior to becoming eligible to apply for funding during the next open Request for Proposal (RFP). Documents required for annual review are due NO LATER THAN 5:00PM ON OCTOBER 31st and are to be submitted through your Apricot Organization Profile.
Contact Courtney Daviess, Assistant Director of Community Impact at email@example.com by August 31st.
APPLYING FOR UNITED WAY FUNDING
Below is a timeline of what to expect when applying for United Way funding.
*Mid-December 2019: **Letter of Intent submission deadline
Early January 2020: Request for Proposal Opens in Apricot (Agencies must have submitted a Letter of Intent* in order to apply for funding)
*Mid-February 2020: Proposal Submission Deadline
*Mid-February 2020: Agency Proposal Presentations
*March 2020: Site Visits
May 2020: Funding Decisions Announced
**Heart of Missouri United Way will accept Letters of Intent from agencies who have been a Certified Partner Agency for at least 12 months, has been approved for certification renewal by our review team after UW’s annual review has been completed and provide program services that align with United Way’s community impact goals for the impact area open for funding requests.
SITE VISITS EXPLAINED
As mentioned in the timeline above, site visits, for agencies who have submitted a request for funding, will take place in March and are an integral part of the review process of a proposal/funding request. Advisory Council members who have reviewed the funding request will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with agency personnel, ask questions and tour facilities. Of equal importance is the opportunity for agency personnel to meet the council members and ask questions about United Way’s proposal review process. The site visits add a valuable human services touch to the funding process.
- 2-4 Advisory Council members
- HMUW staff member(s)
- Agency reps- ideally ED, program staff, board rep
- Experiential knowledge of program
- Opportunity for Advisory Council to ask detailed questions and Agency Staff to provide more program details and information
- 15 min JUST Advisory Council members and HMUW staff
- 30 min presentation/tour/demonstration/etc.
- 45 min Q&A
- 30 min JUST Advisory Council members and HMUW staff
If you have questions or need assistance please contact Courtney Daviess, Assistant Director of Community Impact at firstname.lastname@example.org