Bev & Allen Curtis talk about what it means to Live United
The 2017 Community Campaign is well on its way thanks to our 2017 Community Campaign Chairs Bev and Allen Curtis of House of Brokers Realty. Check them out in the video below.
“At the end of the day, it’s all about fighting, winning and living united,” says Bev. We couldn’t agree more!
This year, we’re focused on the idea of “United We Fight, United We Win.” When we fight together to make our community a stronger, better place, we all win together. And the need for us to band together for our community is strong. Consider this:
• 28,860 Boone County residents will experience food insecurity this year. 6,360 of them will be children.
• Nearly 32% of Boone County residents are “cost-burdened,” meaning their housing costs exceed 30% of their income.
• 45% of Boone County fourth graders score “not proficient” or worse at reading proficiency for their grade level.
But you can help. Join us in the fight to improve lives in our community by eliminating barriers to health, education, financial stability and basic needs for every individual, family, child and senior in need. Will you count yourself among the more than 200 local businesses and 9,000 individual donors who are helping us beat our $3,075,000 goal? It’s easy to join the fight:
• Give securely online here.
• Ask your employer about workplace giving.
• University of Missouri employees can make their gift securely here.
Thank you for Living United with us!