We are excited to announce that the 2017 Heart of Missouri United Way Day of Caring will be Monday, September 11, 2017, along with our Community Campaign Kickoff and National Day of Service. Please join us for a Kick-Off Celebration at 8:00am at The Columns Club at MU's Faurot Field.
Day of Caring Goals:
- Meet Heart of Missouri United Way's mission to fight to improve lives in our community.
- Support our vision of our community winning by Living United through: responding to changing community needs. By forging strategic partnerships and fostering effective solutions to tackle local issues. By harnessing the best resources and inspiring others to join the fight in defeating barriers to basic needs, health, education and financial stability.
- Engage community donors, employee and corporate donors, community stakeholders, agency service providers, clients, etc. on a day specifically dedicated to a national movement in providing service to others in observance to those brave men, women and children who helped, were lost, were injured and some still suffering from the events of September 11, 2001.
- To provide a day of volunteer service coordinated with local service providers to meet the needs of community nonprofit agencies and their clients.
- Promote a communitywide culture of volunteerism through coordinating project experiences that are meaningful, impactful and rewarding for both agencies and volunteers.
We anticipate that roughly 15 United Way partner agencies will be participating. These agencies will be submitting projects to choose from. Projects can range anywhere from data entry, light office cleaning, indoor painting, etc., to landscape projects, gutter cleaning, outdoor painting, donation drives, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact Courtney Daviess, assistant director of Community Impact, at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest and consideration in participating in the 2017 Heart of Missouri United Way Day of Caring! We hope to see you and your volunteer group on September 11!
FOR COMPANIES & GROUPS:
Thanks to all the companies & groups that registered for Day of Caring! Registration is NOW CLOSED. The deadline for the next step is August 21st at 11 a.m. Click the link below for details:
*If your company/group is adopting an agency for a supplies drive ONLY, you will not need for your company volunteers to complete the link below.
*If you have volunteers who did NOT complete the form by 11am today, August, 21st, then please share this link "Volunteers registering after 11am on August21st" with those volunteers and tell them it MUST be completed NO LATER than 10:00am August 22, 2017. That is the last possible extension I am able to offer.
FOR UNITED WAY PARTNER AGENCIES:
Thanks to all the agencies that registered for Day of Caring! Registration is NOW CLOSED. The deadline for the next step is August 21st at 11 a.m. Click the link below for details:
Click here to complete the Agency Project Submission Form - DUE AUGUST 21 AT 11 A.M.
*If your agency is participating in a supplies drive ONLY, you will NOT need for your staff members to complete the link below.
*Staff members who will NOT be working with Day of Caring volunteers DO NOT need to complete the link below.
*If you have Day of Caring staff who did NOT complete the form by 11am today, August, 21st, then please share this link "Agency Staff registering after 11am on August 21st" with those staff members and tell them it MUST be completed NO LATER than 10:00am August 22, 2017. That is the last possible extension I am able to offer.